- 1 Sales Receipt Screen
- 2 Creating/Editing Sales Receipt
- 3 Adding items to Sales Receipt
- 4 Changing Bin Location for Items
- 5 Edit Item Screen
Sales Receipt Screen
Sales Receipts screen allows viewing the list of sales receipts of a customer, creating and editing sales receipts. This screen is accessed by selecting a customer in the Customer Centre and tapping the Sales Receipts button.
- You can search through the list of sales receipts using the Look for Number field. Enter the number of a sales receipt (or just the first few symbols of it), and the selection will be set to the first sales receipt with the number matching the entered sequence.
- The New button opens the Create Sales Receipt screen allowing you to create a new sales receipt.
- The Edit button opens the Edit Sales Receipt screen for a currently selected sales receipt.
- You can print out the currently selected sales receipt by tapping on the vertical ellipsis menu and tapping the Print button.
Creating/Editing Sales Receipt
The Create Sales Receipt screen opens when you tap on the New button on the Sales Receipts screen. This screen allows creating Sales Receipts. On the top part of the screen, the following information is displayed:
- Sales No. - the number of the Sales Receipt is set to a unique number generated based on the transactions prefix defined in the Handheld Device Manager window in the QuickBooks integrated module on your desktop. You can edit this field.
- Date - date of the Sales Receipt creation, for new transactions it is set to today, not editable.
- Customer – customer’s name, not editable.
This screen contains 2 pages:
- Items tab allows adding or deleting items and checking items' current availability, choosing the payment method and setting check or reference number.
- Other tab contains Memo: editable field, up to 100 characters.
Adding items to Sales Receipt
You can create a Sales Receipt with items of all supported types (Inventory Part, Inventory Assembly, Service and Other Charge with fixed amount) using various methods:
- Using Add button:
- Using Find button:
- Using a scanner:
You can then sort the added items by tapping the column’s name.
The Information String
The information string above the items’ list displays the following lines for the item that is currently selected in the grid:
- Description – sales or purchase description depending on the settings configured in the HandiFox Settings window on your desktop.
- Tax - Sales Tax Code for the item, blank if Sales Tax option is OFF in QuickBooks
- U/M - the unit of measure abbreviation ("NONE" is shown if U/M Set is not defined). You can change the U/M by clicking on the U/M field. The Select Unit of Measure window appears allowing selecting a unit of measure from the unit of measure set assigned to the inventory item. Qty and Rate values for the item will be recalculated based on the selected unit of measure.
When the Qty field is greater than the quantity available (qty_av = QOH–qty_on_sales_order), then the item is marked with red color.
To easier navigate if there are many items in the Sales Receipt, you can type in the text field above the items’ list: the system will scroll to an item in the list, which full name contains the search string, highlighting it.
The Total field on the bottom of the Items page shows the balance for the Sales Receipt. It is recalculated based on the items’ Qty, Rate and taxes.
Changing Bin Location for Items
If necessary, you can change the bin location for items on the Sales Receipt. This option is available if your Quickbooks has Advanced Inventory and Track Bin Locations is enabled there.
- Long-tap the item and select the Change Bin option. The Change Bin screen will open.
- This screen lists all bins that the current item is present in. You can force it to show the full list of bins by checking Show All Bins at the bottom of the screen.
- Highlight the desired bin and tap Select.
Edit Item Screen
- Scan button allows looking for items using a scanner
- QOH: shows the number of units that are physically located in the warehouse at the current time.
- BO: shows the number of backordered items.
- Inv: shows item's invoice status.
- Tax: shows tax rate.
- U/M: shows unit of measure type.
- Quantity field: shows item quantity.
- Rate field: shows item rate.
- Bin: shows bin status for the item (assigned/unassigned).
- Prev.: shows the previous rate.
- Hide Details button allows hiding the details about the item on the screen.
- Base Price: shows base price before applying a price level.
- New Price: shows new price after applying a price level.
- Serial or Lot Numbers field allows assigning serial or lot numbers to the item.
Deleting Items from Sales Receipt
Long-tap the item you want to delete and select the Delete option in the popup menu.
Applying Price Level
To apply a price level to an item, long-tap it and select Apply Price Level in the pop-up menu. The Select Price Level window opens allowing the user to select a price level.
Check Current Availability
You can long-tap the item and tap on Current Availability. This will open a screen with the OK button showing the following information for the item:
- Quantity on Hand, Quantity on Sales Orders, Quantity on Purchase Orders - values for the current site, greyed out for Service type items
- Quantity Available = Quantity on Hand - Quantity on Sales Orders, greyed out for Service type items
- Clicking on the L button opens the QOH Viewer screen for the item
Saving the Sales Receipt
Save button starts the Sales Receipt saving procedure:
- If the Take customer’s signature setting is selected (configured in the Settings window in the QuickBooks Integrated Module on your desktop), then the Customer Signature screen is opened.
- If the Take customer’s signature setting is not selected, then the Sales Receipt is saved.
Sales Receipt Report
Sales Receipt Report can be printed from the Customer Signature screen by tapping on Save&Print.
Press the Back button on the device to return to the previous Sales Receipts screen. If there are unsaved changes the system asks whether to save the Sales Receipt before closing the Create/Edit Sales Receipt screen.