Sales Receipt Screen
Sales Receipts screen allows viewing the list of sales receipts of a customer, creating and editing sales receipts. This screen is accessed by selecting a customer in the Customer Centre and tapping the Sales Receipts button.
- You can search through the list of sales receipts using the Look for Number field. Enter the number of a sales receipt (or just the first few symbols of it), and the selection will be set to the first sales receipt with the number matching the entered sequence.
- New button opens the Create Sales Receipt screen allowing you to create a new sales receipt.
- Edit button opens the Edit Sales Receipt screen for a currently selected sales receipt.
- You can print out the currently selected sales receipt by tapping on the vertical ellipsis menu and tapping the Print button.
Creating/Editing Sales Receipt
The Create Sales Receipt screen opens when you tap on the New button on the Sales Receipts screen. This screen allows creating Sales Receipts. On the top part of the screen, the following information is displayed:
- Sales No. - the number of the Sales Receipt is set to a unique number generated based on the transactions prefix defined in the Handheld Device Manager window in the QuickBooks integrated module on your desktop. You can edit this field.
- Date - date of the Sales Receipt creation, for new transactions it is set to today, not editable.
- Customer – customer’s name, not editable.
This screen contains 2 pages:
- Items tab allows adding or deleting items and checking items' current availability, choosing the payment method and setting check or reference number.
- Other tab contains Memo: editable field, up to 100 characters.
Adding items to Sales Receipt
You can create a Sales Receipt with items of all supported types (Inventory Part, Inventory Assembly, Service and Other Charge with fixed amount) using various methods:
- Using Add button:
Use this method if you don't know the exact Name of the item you want to add to the Sales Receipt or if you want to add an item based on its sales description. Type the item’s Name or a part of its description in the search string and tap the Add button. If there are several items for this search, the Find/Add screen will appear, filled with inventory items which Name or Sales Description contains the entered search string, allowing the user to add multiple items to the invoice.
- Using Find button:
Tapping on the Find button opens the Find/Add screen. You can search by typing the Name or the Description of the item in the respective fields. It is possible to select several items at once by checking the leftmost field.
- Using a scanner:
The barcode scanner can be used to add inventory items to the Sales Receipt. Scanning an item’s barcode adds the scanned item to the list.
The system allows adding several rows to the Sales Receipt for items with the same Name, but different units of measure. If the scanned item (Name and Unit of measure) is already in the list, then the system increments the Qty value of the item by 1.
You can then sort the added items by tapping the column’s name.
The Information String
The information string above the items’ list displays the following lines for the item that is currently selected in the grid:
- Description – sales or purchase description depending on the settings configured in the HandiFox Settings window on your desktop.
- Tax - Sales Tax Code for the item, blank if Sales Tax option is OFF in QuickBooks
- U/M - the unit of measure abbreviation ("NONE" is shown if U/M Set is not defined). You can change the U/M by clicking on the U/M field. The Select Unit of Measure window appears allowing selecting a unit of measure from the unit of measure set assigned to the inventory item. Qty and Rate values for the item will be recalculated based on the selected unit of measure.
When the Qty field is greater than the quantity available (qty_av = QOH–qty_on_sales_order), then the item is marked with red color.
NOTE: QOH and qty_on_sales_order – are shown based on the current location.
To easier navigate if there are many items in the Sales Receipt, you can type in the text field above the items’ list: the system will scroll to an item in the list, which full name contains the search string, highlighting it.
The Total field on the bottom of the Items page shows the balance for the Sales Receipt. It is recalculated based on the items’ Qty, Rate and taxes.
Changing Bin Location for Items
If necessary, you can change the bin location for items on the Sales Receipt. This option is available if your Quickbooks has Advanced Inventory.
- Long-tap the item and select the Change Bin option. The Change Bin screen will open.
- This screen lists all bins that the current item is present in. You can force it to show the full list of bins by checking Show All Bins at the bottom of the screen.
- Highlight the desired bin and tap Select.
It is also possible to select multiple bins and specify the quantity for each of them separately. To do this, long-tap the item and select Edit. In the opened screen you will be able to define item quantities per bin location (use the link at the bottom to add bins on the list).
Deleting Items from Sales Receipt
Long-tap the item you want to delete and select the Delete option in the popup menu.
Applying Price Level
To apply a price level to an item, long-tap it and select Apply Price Level in the pop-up menu. The Select Price Level window opens allowing the user to select a price level.
NOTE: The “Apply Price Level” entry is disabled if there are no Price Levels associated with this item. The “Apply Price Level” entry is enabled or disabled based on the Allow Edit Price user setting (configured in the Handheld User Manager window in the QuickBooks Integrated Module on your desktop).
Check Current Availability
You can long-tap the item and tap on Current Availability. This will open a screen with the OK button showing the following information for the item:
- Quantity on Hand, Quantity on Sales Orders, Quantity on Purchase Orders - values for the current site, greyed out for Service type items
- Quantity Available = Quantity on Hand - Quantity on Sales Orders, greyed out for Service type items
- Clicking on the L button opens the QOH Viewer screen for the item
Saving the Sales Receipt
Save button starts the Sales Receipt saving procedure:
- If the Take customer’s signature setting is selected (configured in the Settings window in the QuickBooks Integrated Module on your desktop), then the Customer Signature screen is opened.
- If the Take customer’s signature setting is not selected, then the Sales Receipt is saved.
Sales Receipt Report
Sales Receipt Report can be printed from the Customer Signature screen by tapping on Save&Print.
Press the Back button on the device to return to the previous Sales Receipts screen. If there are unsaved changes the system asks whether to save the Sales Receipt before closing the Create/Edit Sales Receipt screen.