The Handheld User Manager window allows managing, creating and removing HandiFox users, and it can be accessed via File → HandiFox → Handheld User Manager in QuickBooks
Handheld User Manager
- New button
Click on it to create a new user. The New Handheld User window will open.
- Delete button
After confirmation, you can delete a handheld user from the list. It means that this user will no longer be able to synchronize from any device.
- Edit button
Clicking on it will open the Handheld User window where you can edit current user data and permissions. Double-clicking on a user will also open the Handheld User window for certain user.
- Close button
Click it to close this window.
Creating a Handheld User
To create a new user:
- Go to File > HandiFox > Handheld User Manager in QuickBooks
- Click on the New button.
- Fill in the Login, Password and Display Name fields.
- Assign/remove permission by checking and unchecking the boxes displayed under each Category in the New Handheld User window.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Close if you want to close the window, or alternatively you can continue to create another new user (Follow steps 3 to 5).
The information entered in the Login and Password fields will be used to access the HandiFox app on the handheld device.
The Display Name is how your user will be displayed in the Handheld User Manager Window.
There are 6 categories in the Permission section of the New Handheld User window (unchecking the box next to the name of each one of those categories, automatically removes all permissions in them): 1. Inventory: This category allows the user to have access to the Inventory section of the HandiFox app on the handheld device and it includes permissions to the following sub-categories: Item List, View Costs, Purchase Orders, Count Inventory, Build Assemblies, and Manage Bin Locations.
- Item List (unchecking the box next to it will automatically disable all permissions in this subcategory).
View Details: It allows accessing an item’s details via the Edit button on the Item List screen on the handheld device.
View QOH on other sites: It allows the user to view the quantity on hand of any item in the list existing in other sites.
Edit Barcodes: It allows the user to add, edit, remove barcodes via the Edit button.
- View costs
- Purchase Orders: It allows the user to print, edit, receive and create purchase orders (unchecking the box next to it will automatically disable all permissions in this subcategory).
- Count Inventory
- Build Assemblies
- Manage Bin Locations
2. Sales: This category allows the user to access the Sales section of the HandiFox app on the handheld device and it includes permission to the following subcategories:
3. Admin: This category allows the handheld user to view several
Deleting a Handheld User
To delete a handheld user:
1. Go to File → HandiFox → Handheld User Manager in QuickBooks.
2. Select the user you want to delete.
3. Click on Delete.
4. Click on Yes in the Warning popup or click on No if you want to cancel the operation.
Editing a Handheld User
To edit a handheld user:
1. Go to File → HandiFox → Handheld User Manager in QuickBooks
2. Select the User you want to edit.
3. Click on Edit.
4. Make the necessary changes to the user.
5. Click on Save if you want to save changes, this will close the window or, click on Close to close the window. If you already made any changes to the user and click on Close, a warning popup will ask you whether you want to save the changes, here you can click on Yes, if you want to save changes; No, if you want to close the window without saving; or Cancel, if you want to cancel the operation and go back to the User window.